[IP] Re: Flying with cold insulin

re flying with insulin
I have to agree with the 'don't put it below' crowd
concerning Frios
I have NEVER had a problem with a damp Frio in my carry on
and even if you carried the Frio 'dry' and rehydrated it once you passed the
security checkpoint, the insulin would be fine
damp
Frios do not make things ice cold, but do keep insulin at the temp it is
supposed to be stored at for maximum longevity

on hotel fridges
Watch out for the refrigerators the hotels have and provide
I have had them freeze pop stored in the door MORE THAN ONCE
Sure would hate to ruin a large volume of insulin in one

yep, Frios for me when I travel, safer than frigs, esp if you do not have a
thermometer to check the temp of the frig out prior to putting things in it

just my 3 cents worth
back under my rock
MichelleS