Re: [IP] "rainbow" vision

 I do not see "overexposed" white light, but it's a little bit difficult for me
to read when I am under 70 : I have to re-read lines. I relate it to the
sophisticated micro eye movements needed for reading. It's a sure low BG symptom
for me. I can use it if I doubt I am OK. I guess the brains , when low in
(sugar) fuel, disconnects what's "not important" first. I am not an expert, but
I guess controlling the "aperture" of the eye to avoid too much light might
imply a sophisticated retroactive muscular movement too. I am a little bit more
wondering about the "rainbow effect". It sure is worth investigating a little
bit, especially if laser surgery has already been needed (which is my case, but
I do not see rainbows when low. - Must be a nice picture, though !)
 I think one should experiment and search a little bit around the impact of low
BG on one's sophisticated bodily functions (like vision, hearing, body weight
and temperature, you name it). It might give one a set of new indications and
"self tests" in order to get early warnings of a low. I for sure managed to save
a quantity of costly bg tests that way : if I suspect I am low for whatever
reason, I do a quick reading test to have another evidence of a low, then treat
(not avertreat it of course..) it if positive. Then I have another try at
reading small types in the next hour.

Jean Debefve in Belgium

Le 25 juin 2011 ` 02:58, Laura Shapiro a icrit :