Re: [IP] Minimed Mio question

----- Original Message -----

> From: J H <email @ redacted>
>
> I just ordered a few sample Mio's from minimed, and I've watched some of
> their
> videos.
 > When someone temporarily disconnects, there is a plastic cover that goes over
> the infusion site, but what happens at the other end.
> There is a "connector needle".  Is there anything to protect that?

 No, there is nothing to cover the end of the tubing when you're disconnected.
Also, I don't know if Minimed will send you a cover that attaches right at the
site when you disconnect. Unlike the Quick-Sets which has a cover for every set,
each box of 10 Mios only comes with 2 covers (in a separate little baggie in the
box). Since they have a built-in inserter there's not much room for extra stuff
in each set.

 I personally rarely use a cover/cap of any kind but I do stick my pump in a
plastic Lock & Lock container when I disconnect to shower. I use CGMS and like
to keep the pump in range and don't want to risk my cat knocking it into the
tub, so the plastic container works great for me and keeps stuff off the exposed
needle at the end of the tubing. I never put the cover on at the site when I
shower.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987