Type 1 DOES have another name...Insulin Dependent Diabetes. Since some
people with type 2 have to use insulin, though, maybe type 1 should be
called Autoimmune Insulin Dependent Diabetes or something similar.

I also have to think "Does the father/brother/husband check their BGs
four or more times per day?  Do they REALLY have CONTROL of their
Diabetes???

Julie