Re: [IP] Venting

hi, you'll love this one, I work in a hospital and if nurses bring in
cookies or other sweets, they'll go right by me. They often say, Oh,
you're a diabetic so you can't have this. And I reply; are you the diabetes
police? My blood sugar can be 22 and they're ok with me leaving the floor to
go to the cafeteria to get a snack. Understanding of type I diabetes is
minimal even in the medical field. One time
I was taken to a hospital with a low blood sugar (27) and I walked in and
asked for a regular soda and was put in four point leather restraints
because I was asking for something they weren't comfortable with. They
wanted to start an IV even though I was concious and could drink.  The
public as well as hospital staff need to be better educated.