From: Julie Miley <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Blog: I'm pumping!!
To: "Insulinpumpers" <email @ redacted>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 6:06 PM

I now am hooked up to my pump and have given myself my first bolus!  The class
took 2 and a half hours and there were three of us in it.  One person was
switching from another pump to Medtronics, the other two of us are brand new
users.

We went through all the menus, set our different basal rates, set up our bolus
wizards.  Also set our alarm methods (mine is vibrate).  Since each of us is
using a different infusion set, we each got individual walk through about
inserting and such.  I have the Silhouette for now, and had to insert the
needle/cannula manually! I was real apprehensive, but managed to do it with my
non dominant hand and it was pretty easy.

Right now, I'm in temporary basal mode, as I did take my Lantus last night.
Just got a vibrating beep to remind me that I'm in temporary mode.  Good to
know that works!  I'll go into complete pump basal mode tonight at 10:30,
which is when I've always taken my Lantus.  I have three different basal rates
set for now, and I'm sure I'll be doing tweaking in the next few weeks.

My pump is the Revel Paradigm 723, so I know I'll have enough reservoir room
for upping daily insulin needs.  For now, I'm filling it with 160 Units to
last three days.

I'll be blogging here about my beginning adventures, so if you don't want to
read, you can delete anything from me that has the word "Blog" in the subject
line.

Julie