RE: [IP] tired 4

These are all very helpful posts. i to get tired of having the pump but it
really is better than MDI's. I went to my endo today and talked about this
very thing. She is the best doc in the world. She had my labs and EVERY one of
of the tests are textbook perfect. She said the is so good for a 63 year old
man................YIPPEE!!   A1C is 6.0 and she doesn't want it any lower
than that. Anyway, the point of my story.....She said most of her patients at
one time or another goes through the "burnout" She said for me to try doing
something just for fun and don't worry about the diabetes for a day or two. i
said, how about half a dozen donuts. She said go ahead....adjust for it, have
your fun, then get back on the program. But do something to get you out of the
rut you're in......whatever that might be. She also said that it could be
worse and that I should be thankful for the health I do have but she said it
in a very compassionate way that did make me
 feel a bit better. It really could be worse for all of us. I'll give you an
example...........this very moment, my 6 month old nephew is in Children's
hospital fighting for his life. While at the babysitters, he supposedly
starting choking. The babysitter call 911 and when the paramedics arrived they
could see he was in serious trouble and not choking at all. the air lifted him
to the hospital...... Long story short. He has 4 skull fractures, is
completely blind, scars all over his little head, tubes everywhere and even
though he survived, which the doctors said he wouldn't, they did say what you
see is the way he will remain forever........ The babysitter admitted to
shaking him, throwing him (later denied it) and when they pumped his stomach,
it appears she poisoned him too. This babysitter is a long time family
friend.  So it you are inclined to pray please add him to your prayers. my
point is ......I GUESS IT CAN BE WORSE.

Thanks for listening
MICHAEL