Re: [IP] Medco Insulin delivery

I used to have Medco and they shipped my insulin to me on cold packs in
summer and cold packs in winter.  Huh?  This is Minnesota.  My husband
doubted that insulin could freeze...until I put an old, almost empty
bottle into the Medco shipping container and set it on the steps outside
on a cold winter's night.  After looking at the frozen mess, he decided
that insulin can and will freeze in a Medco shipping pack. (Hint:  it
also cooks on hot days in summer!)

My former insurance carrier allowed me to get prescriptions filled
locally after meeting an additional $100 annual deductible.  That might
be something to check into.  After switching to my neighborhood
Walgreens, insulin quality is not a concern.

Denise B.