Re: [IP] Charcot Foot + Cellulitis

 Omgoodness. I had what u had a year ago I went thru the boot and unfortunately
had total foot reconstruction and in bed for 7 mths but now up n walking

-----Original Message-----
From: Yerachmiel Bruchya Altman <email @ redacted>
Sender: email @ redacted
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:00:33
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Charcot Foot + Cellulitis

According to my podiatrist I'm 'special'!!   I had 11 days in hospital with
severe cellulitis (entire upper and lower leg all red, warm and painful).
While there I noticed the foot was getting larger and larger, although by
now I was on an IV and not doing very much walking or even standing.  I
asked Dr. to take an x-ray and put a request for my podiatrist to review
x-rays an the rest of the case.

Podiatrist said that this is certainly beginning charcot (congrats for
recognizing it) and it has to be immobilized.

Anyone ever get these two together??  Any ideas on best long and short term
treatment (I've previously went with a uni-boot and large plastic orthopedic
walking boot for around two or three months then 18-24 months of the leg
brace)....

Looking on web it appears this is still the 'method' of choice at most
centers.

also: anything stronger than 600 mg motrin thats not a narcotic.