Re: [IP] Medco Insulin delivery

It was 87 degrees at my home yesterday and the gels packs were cool not cold
barely cool to the touch.
I too have used Medco for years I actually think that if they ship it
correctly it, I can have full confidence in the process.
but now instead of shipping in a cool container they are shipping in a
bubble wrap package.
yesterday it arrived with the gel packs on the bottom and UPS left it on my
porch....

It was shipped next day PM so I called Medco and asked can I PAY to have the
shipping upgraded to next day AM!

They said NO! So yes I have filed a complaint, if I am willing to pay to
have it upgraded why can they not provide that option?

Oh he tried to discuss the policy of the insulin can be exposed to extreme
ranges. I asked him he has every had DKA.
I said if your life depended on a medication wouldn't you expect a certain
level of confidence in the handling of that medication.

Of course I am just venting...however I am not going to stop complaining to
Medco...based on one study they want to change their policy
on shipping insulin.

believe you me, I have marked my calendar and will be watching my insulin
like a hawk...sorry about the rant.
We try so darn hard to keep our BG in line...it is not fun..... doubting the
quality of our insulin should not be one of the issues.

Oh, keeping my fingers crossed for you Liz,

Judy