[IP] Medco Insulin delivery

this has been discussed a few times but I need to bring it up again....

I mention in another post that I was having Bg problems for over two weeks
and was very frustrated, one solution I may try after I see my Dr in a
couple weeks is to change to another insulin.

In the mean time it was time to order new insulin from the Medco mail
service.

Well it arrive at about 4:45 on a day with it was 80 degrees outside.
needless to say it was completely warm inside the package.

I called medco and they said they would have a replacement package set out
to me and would arrive on Saturday.
No package...which I don't thingk UPS ships on Saturday anyway (I think).
Monday no shipment
I call and they tell me that the shipment was not sent and it would be
arrive on tuesday and someone would need to receive it at 3:00pm.

Well I asked them if they had some way of scheduling the shipment so that I
would know when to expect it in the future.

Blah blah blah they said No....but that I would need to be around to receive
the insulin and get it in cool storage.

huh...you can ship it to me from Nevada overnight and not tell me when you
are shipping it?

Anyway when you receive your insulin and the bags are cool but not cold to
the touch how can you know it is still in the 36-46 F range.

this came up because after two weeks of battling my BG I was beginning to
wonder about the quality of my insulin.

thanks,

Judy