From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Mary Donovan
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:31
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Boot camp-fitness club style

This is normal, and there is an explanation for why bgs initially go up
during exercise and then plunge later. I think it's because the glucose gets
pulled out of your muscles when you are working them, making the bg in your
blood go up, but then later the muscles need time to recover to be able to
store the glucose again, which is the recovery period, when you can get low.
I always get mixed up about this so I will have to check to see if that is
right.
I went to a T1 conference a few weeks ago and an exercise physiologist who
is also T1 gave a great presentation on this subject.  I don't want to
mangle what