From: Wendell & Melissa <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] DX Date
To: email @ redacted
Date: Friday, June 10, 2011, 7:02 AM

I just finished reading the posts before heading out to work and was amazed
at
the number of posts from people remembering when they were diagnosed.  I
thought back to the day I found out about diabetes.  It was a day that I
rarely give a second thought.  June 21st 1966, just one month before my 10th
birthday. In a few days it will be my 45th annaversary and looking forward to
my 50th in 5 years.  I truely cant remember not having to deal with the daily
issues of diabetes  I have been pumping since January 1980 and have seen the
progress and improvement of pumps and treatment options for diabetes improve
every year.  I am currently waiting for the delivery of my new pump (Animas
Ping).  I have used many different brand, CPI Lilly, Deisitronics, Minimed,
Deltec Cozmo and at least one other from the early days I do not remember
very
well. Some of the brands I stayed with for 8 years but a couple only lasted 4
or less.  Each time I upgraded was
 due to advances in pump technology or currently because the Cozmo is no
longer being made.  I am very fortunate that I have been able to have a pump
for so long, no major complications at this time and I am confident the
reason
is due to the pump.  I give the credit to me still being around to my wife,
parents and extended support group who have in the past and still continue
the
provide me with the needed support that is needed dealing with the monitary
and emotional costs associated with diabetes.

Wendell
DX 6/21/66
Pumping 1/1980