[IP] how many carbs to avoid DKA

Alright, I'm looking into weight loss surgery, the lapband.

However i want to find out how many carbs does a person need in order to avoid
going into dka or something like that from lack of carbs.

they are going to say that post op i would be taking a protien drink that is
less than 5 grams of cho - per 8 ounces.  I'll be drinking about 10 ounces a
day for a week.

I know i'll be changing my basal rates and all that stuff. Just wanted to make
sure that I know all that I need to.

Thanks
 Christene