Re: [IP] Doing Jury Duty

Paula Wagner wrote:

> Has anyone on the list had to do jury duty.  If so, how did it work
> out for you eating, checking your BG, and using pump.  Filled out the
> questionnaire they sent, sent it back noting I was diabetic, they sent
> back stating I needed medical documentation stating I was medically
> impaired.  I don't think I am that, especially after having 6 children
> but just need to know how to handle BG under circumstance if I get
> picked.
>
> Thanks, Paula .
I have been a juror.  I informed the judge during the questioning of
potential jurors that I was diabetic, but felt I was able to serve.  I
was asked about my control, and testing etc.  I was picked to be on the
jury, and was asked to let the judge know if I had any problems
(didn't), and to set my pump to quiet/vibrate so as to not disrupt the
proceedings.  I even tested several times during the trial; I kept my
meter and strips etc., in my shirt pocket so as to not have to fish for
them.