I have been to myrtle beach twice with my pump, but my fear of water and the
ocean made it a non issue. So I don't have anything helpful to say really. I
know many people keep their pump in a FRIO wallet to keep it cool when at
the beach, and some disconnect and only reconnect for boluses for food and
to make up for the missing basal...
I have heard that sand can be an issue but unless you plan to bury yourself
in the sand, i think you'll be OK...

PS
I grew up in NJ and its a beautiful state. Anyone judging NJ based in the
view from the turnpike (I95 to you out of staters) is a fool who has never
really seen the Garden State for what it is... beaches, mountains and
farmland!