From: Signe Myhren <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:12:30 PM
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V11 #46

Gee, everyone! I've gotten only two responses to my question about wearing my
MiniMed pump at the beach - or not - and taking long acting-insulin by
injection for two days. One of you said you'd never put long-acting insulin in
your body (I did so for 34 years, and always had an A1C between 5.8 and 6.5!)
Also, I happen to LIVE in NJ (it's really not THAT bad) and with the cost of
gasoline I'm not going to drive somewhere far away to go to the beach!
So what do pumpers from California, and Hawaii, etc. do when THEY go to the
beach. Do you swim for 1/2 hour at a time and then bolus? May I please have a
serious, non-sarcastic answer from someone? Thanks!

Signe in NJ

--- On Sun, 6/29/08, insulin-pumpers-digest