Re: [IP] Cozmo

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM, BrentM <email @ redacted> wrote:
 > Back in April I contacted Smiths after all of the press releases came out and
 > they said it would be a couple of months before the Navigator was available.
> guess that couple of months is over. =)

You talked with Sales and believed what they said??     ;-)

>  I think the previous poster has issue with the fact that there is no CGMS
 > INTEGRATION with the Cozmo. That would be my main issue with them at this
point.
 > If you read the Cozmore.com web site they lead you to believe that
integration
 > is already present, but this is not the case. I was a bit annoyed with the
whole
> spiel.

I went to their website and what I saw was that the Cozmonitor was
integrated into the Cozmo. The only mentions of CGMS was a link to a
CWD webpage about CGMS options and another that said they will "will
promote and distribute Abbott's FreeStyle Navigator(R)" in the US.
Nothing in their statement was conclusive about integration, only a
mention of an agreement to use the Cozmonitor port.

>  They had better have a new 1800+ on the burner if they expect people to
> continue supporting their pumps. With the CGMS integration being available in
> other pumps on the market today, it appears they're asleep at the wheel.

There are two pumps with CGMS integration, the 522 and the 722, and
when you consider that Minimed released the CGMS Gold in 1999 and
introduced those 2 pumps in 2006, the time that Smiths is taking seems
miniscule.

George