RE: [IP] Kidney Failoure Is Preventable

Hi Charles,

 > My Endocrinologist has had None of
 > his patients develop Kidney failure
 > in his 30 years of practice.
 > He has his patients use an amino acid
 > l-arginine.. [...]

I am impressed. But, I am curious about a few things -- how many
patients did he transfer to a nephrologist just _before_ their
kidneys went? How many patients total in the first place? What
were their HbA1cs over the course of their illness? What are the
corresponding numbers for endocrinologists who do not recommend
L-arginine?

Here is why I am asking:

L-arginine is _thought_ to have a beneficial effect on the levels
of asymmetrical dimethylarginine (a related compound), and
asymmetrical dimethylarginine is _being speculated about_ as the
possible link between cardio-vascular issues and renal disease.

But ACEis, ARBs, alpha-lipoic acid, and other chemicals all do the
same -- and for ACEis and ARBs, we actually have large studies
examining safety and side effects.

So does your endo prescribe a combination of L-arg., ACEi/ARB, and
whatever else? Or just L-arginine?

Cheers,
Felix.