RE: [IP] Microalbumin/Creatinine

Hi George,

 > However, she didn't say anything about
 > the 24 hour range.  When I got the
 > printed results, I see that the valid
 > range is 30-150, and my lab was 150.

150 in what units? Generally speaking, anything under 500 mg/day
may be due to other causes, many of them benign (transient;
non-renal disease).

On the other hand, if you want an absolute threshold, then
anything above 50 mg albumin per 8 hours should be investigated.
(That is probably the range that your lab report was referring to
-- 3*50mg/8h == 150mg/day.) Why 8 hours? Because this is usually
evaluated as an overnight collection -- that removes possible
transient spikes from exercise and such.

Cheers,
Felix.