Re: [IP] Re: bruising

--- On Mon, 6/23/08, RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I recently had an unusual occurrence with a QuickSet.  I
> inserted the
> set, had no discomfort from it, but later in the day I
> noticed purple
> bruising beginning at the outside edge of the tape.  No
> where near
> the cannula.  I kept an eye on it, and in the end, when I
> changed it
> out a few days later, it was totally bruised all around the
> outside
> edge of the tape.  I had no pain or discomfort with the
> set.  When I
> removed it, there was no bruising at the cannula location,
> just all
> around the outside of the tape.

 I had the exact same thing happen once but I don't remember if it was a QS or
Sil. I had a bruise all around the tape. It was not redness/irritation,
definitely a bruise. It only happened once and was very odd. When I removed the
set I was expecting the whole area to be bruised but it was just an outline.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987