[IP] kidney failure, maybe?

I've been diabetic for 23 years now.  I'm overwight, ok, I know thats an
issue.
But i'm reaching out for some information that i thought maybe folks here at
ip can offer.  I had blood work done a couple months ago, a1c, cholesterol,
kidney function, white cell count. just a full panel.  Nothing was found that
was remarkable enough to do anything about.
I'm conserned.because I have some pretty severe swelling in my legs,
especially in my left leg. No matter how much I prop it up, its
pretty swollen.  I was reading some information about kidney failure, and I'm
wondering if this is something I'm facing right now.  Not that i want to, but
it doesn't make any sense to be retaining so much fluid build up.   No matter
what I'm so constantly fatigued all the time.  Even my cycle is off, its been
since feb since my last.  ( I saw that was another symptom of kidney issues or
it can be)
Guess if my kidneys are going, theres not much I can do about it is there?
 Christene