Re: [IP] EOB from health insurance

--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Wyldceltic1 <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I wouldn't call the insurance company just yet, MM ppl
> will deal with this,
> they speak the language and know how to do things like
> this.
>
> I haven't received my first denial yet, I don't
> know if they will cover
> this, but I plan on appealing if they do. MM will have my
> case for now.

 It seems like what happened to me is a common problem with Empire BCBS and is
usually fixed with a phone call. I've had everything since the beginning of the
month and will be trained on Wednesday. I think I'll call Minimed right after I
start using it and request my next shipment of sensors. That way I'll have
plenty of time to get any billing/coding issues fixed before I'm actually out of
sensors.

 I actually just got a regular newsletter from my insurance company in the mail.
There's a section about appealing denials for services but hopefully Minimed
will take care of it all themselves.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987