Re: [IP] Minimed frustrations

--- On Thu, 6/19/08, CM Ullom <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Yup, I'm on the CGMS. I had gone through their pump
> training online, and that
> was enough information that got me all set up for the
> sensor.  There were a
> few things I have learned since using their pump school
> online that would of
> been helpful to learn before hand.  Such as a new sensor
> may throw out sensor
> errors - just mean its gone out of range on the isig, and
> nothing to worry
> about.  If you get two cal errors then that might be a
> concern. Thing is if
> you have quuestions or issues, you can always call the
> 800#.   Well, one week
> away for you. I'd still go through the training thing
> online, couldn't hurt.

 I have done the sensor/CGMS section of Pump School. I skipped the whole insulin
pump part since I had already gone through that with my 715. I read through both
manuals that came with it. One is a large, glossy 8x10 or so book and the other
is a spiral bound manual. They both pretty much just repeat most of what was in
the pump school training. I feel okay about knowing what to expect, how it
works, common problems etc. I know there are lots of resources online (IP
archives and other lists) that I can go through to look for tips & tricks
experienced users have come up with. Mostly I want to be supervised for my first
sensor insertion, which seems trickier than an infusion set. I'm already
worrying about blood because it seems like they expect it to bleed. I rarely
bleed with infusion set insertions.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987