From: email @ redacted on behalf of George Grant
Sent: Tue 6/17/2008 8:46 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Medical Lab Test Intrepretations

Can someone send a link for a reliable site they use to interpret the
purpose,
and valid ranges, of medical tests?  I know that I've seen some posted on IP
before, but my Google results didn't work well.

Specifically, I'm looking for the valid range for the 24 hour urine (Micro
albumin) test.  Haven't found it, and Labtestsonline.org stated "NOTE: A
standard reference range is not available for this test. Because reference
values are dependent on many factors, including patient age, gender, sample
population, and test method, numeric test results have different meanings in
different labs. Your lab report should include the specific reference range
for your test. Lab Tests Online strongly recommends that you discuss your
test
results with your doctor."  Doctor said my results were good, but I like to
review the results independently.  Note that I don't have the lab printout as
it's being mailed to me, and I don't want to wait the week to obtain it.

Thanks,
GDG