RE: [IP] Minimed frustrations

-- On Mon, 6/16/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I would be very upset if it took weeks before they would
> train me & I  would
> return the pump & go with a different company.  Most
> companies  only give you
> 30 days to return it from when you get it if you are not
> happy  with it.  You
> can get a pump from 1 company & a CGM from another.   I
> prefer them to be
> separate so that it does not all go out at one time.

 I was trained by my CDE when I got my Minimed 715 three years ago. She actually
called me about training because even after I got the package, I wasn't sure I
was doing the right thing by getting a pump. I was in no hurry to be trained. I
don't need training on the new 722 pump because the pump functions are the same
as the 715 but I do want help with the CGMS system, especially inserting the
sensors.

 I did get an e-mail from the Minimed nurse/trainer tonight. He said that he's
contacted my CDE and will be speaking to her tomorrow. I'm not sure if that
means my CDE will be training me, but that's fine.

 I've been happy with my 715 these past three years and I really like that
Minimed's CGMS uses the pump to display the results because I don't want to have
something else attached to me if I can help it. If something happens to my pump,
it's true that I won't be able to use the CGMS until a replacement comes but I
do still have my 715 that I can use as a backup so I can continue pumping.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987