RE: [IP] ALTACE - side effects for me after 25 years!

>From what I know (and have been told) that's a well-known side-effect of
Altace. I was warned about it when my endo wrote the prescription, and both my
GP and my pharmacist mentioned it as well. I've been on it for a few years
now, and noticed it at first, but the symptoms seem to have abated. I didn't
have overwhelming problem with it though. Perhaps I was just lucky.

Anne
2020

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:53:01 -0400> From: email @ redacted> To:
email @ redacted> Subject: Re: [IP] ALTACE - side effects for me after
years ago after being on Altace for 2> weeks. It was a real pain to deal with
to the point that I was annoying> myself with all the coughing!!!!> > On Mon,
Jun 16, 2008 at 9:37 AM, <email @ redacted> wrote:> >> > Hi All...> >
Just wanted to talk about my story in case anyone out there is having this> >
problem. I've been taking Altace for about 25 years, it's for high blood> >
pressure and for protecting your kidneys affiliated with diabetes. Anyways,> >
I> > have noticed that I was coughing a lot the last few months. Although I> >
never> > smoked, it almost felt like a smokers cough. Well about a month ago,
I> > thought I> > had a cold because I was coughing more than usual. I
couldn't sleep at> > night> > from the coughing which was worse when I would
lay down. Well I ended up> > going> > to my family doctor...NOT my endo. She
gave me an antibiotic prescription> > and a> > coughing syrup prescription. I
took them for 2 weeks, the coughing didn't> > stop> > so when I was out of the
syrup, I called and went in again. She went> > through my> > prescriptions I
took and noticed the Altace. My endo had recently cut back> > on my> > Altace
too..like in half because I had been running a high potassium count.> > Well>
> she took me off of the Altace right away!> > . She> > told me that some
people had developed a cough from the Altace. Even, as> > she> > stated, 20 or
25 years they developed this contstant coughing. I described> > it as> > a
tickle in my throat as others had...nagging coughing! She prescribed> >
something> > else for me. Well I'm so happy I went to see her. I think this
coughing> > might> > just be from the Altace, because it's really almost
stopped. I'm thinking a> > few> > more days and it'll be gone. I really found
that hard to believe...but I> > checked> > on the internet. Did some
researching...I typed in "coughing and Altace"> > and was> > surprised what I
found. A lot of other people were having the same problems> > I> > was having.
So I wanted to pass it along. If you have had a cough that just> > doesn't
want to go....and if you are on Altace....look into it. It just> > might be> >
the problem...at least it's worth looking into. I wish I had that> >
information a> > long time ago. It's only been 3 days since I'm off the
Altace, but I'm so> > happy!> > Katarina> > .> .>