RE: [IP] Minimed frustrations

--- On Mon, 6/16/08, Danny Escandon <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I have the same model MiniMed Pump you have.  I recommend
> you speak to your
> Endocrinologist or doctor.  They should be able to do the
> initial pump set
> up and training with you.  I am surprised you're having
> trouble getting
> somebody to help you.  I got nothing but the best help from
> Medtronincs.
> Then again, there is always a first time for everything.  I
> don't know where
> you reside, but here in the Columbus, Ohio area the
> training/sales rep. is
> very good at answering questions.  You can also go to
> www.Medtronincs.com
> and go to the pump school site.

 I don't need any help with the pump. I had been using a 715 for the past 3
years and the 722 is basically the same pump with the added ability to receive
the CGMS readings. I set up the pump and have been using it since the day it
arrived. It's the CGMS that I need help with.

 I had sent an e-mail to my CDE when it arrived and she sent a quick reply, as
she was leaving for vacation. I think she might be back as of this week but I'm
not sure. I do have an appointment with her next week. She works mainly in the
hospital and sees outpatients only 1 morning a week, so her time is tight. She
actually said that if I think I could figure it out myself to go ahead and do it
but I'm kind of nervous about that. I have gone through the Pump School, I've
read the manuals, I've read some CGMS message boards & groups.

 I know that there's a local sales rep and trainer. I know the rep's name but
can't find his number. I don't know about the nurse/trainer as nobody has ever
told me who it is.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987