From: On Behalf Of Valerie Adams
Subject: Re: [IP] AM BG's

GIVE UP my morning coffee? OMG, I'd never do that. I figure I've got ONE
vice in this world and it's a cup of coffee in the morning. It's taken me a
few years to finally nail it but what I do is add a half unit of insulin to
any correction bolus I may have to do when I get up. If my bs is on target,
I simply bolus the half unit for the coffee. Works for me.

Valerie
http://www.valerieadamsglass.com

I've stopped my morning cup of coffee (sadly with the associated caffeine
withdrawal), but my morning blood sugars are much more predictable just a
couple of hours later and my AM insulin resistance is significantly
diminished as a result.