[IP] AM BGs

Valerie wrote:
GIVE UP my morning coffee? OMG, I'd never do that. I figure I've got ONE
vice in this world and it's a cup of coffee in the morning. It's taken me a
few years to finally nail it but what I do is add a half unit of insulin to
any correction bolus I may have to do when I get up. If my bs is on target,
I simply bolus the half unit for the coffee. Works for me.

Sharon Replied
I always wake up a bit low and coffee seems to rise my BG a bit, also I will
eat my breakfast an hour later. It seems silly for me to recheck my BG all
the time before eating but sometimes I do just for the heck of it. And my BG
did go up. Half unit seems to be good advice. Thanks Sharon