Re: Google altar [IP]

Sue Kinzelman wrote:
> I like AltaVista which is Digital's old search engine. They also , as
> far as I know, do not keep a record of the searches and report them to
> the Feds, the way google and yahoo do.

They certainly do exactly that if they are subpoenaed, which is the same
for Google, Yahoo, Comcast, RoadRunner, etc. A search engine that does
not track search activity can't sell ads or special placement and thus
can't make money, so they all do it. Don't believe all you read from the
"Anonymous Web" zealots.

Sorry for the off-topic noise, but I'm very weary of all the "Google is
anti-privacy" rhetoric and sometimes feel compelled to try to correct
the misconceptions.

Eric