Re: [IP] Re: CGMS training

From: Elizabeth Blake <email @ redacted>

> Does it demand the first calibration at exactly two hours, or can you
 > push it a little longer just to make sure your BG fall or rise is slowing
down?

Hi Liz,
 You can push it as long as you want. You just cannot do a calibration within 2
hours after connecting the transmitter to the sensor. Whenever you do enter a BG
after that, the sensor readings will start showing up after 10-15 minutes or so.
To enter the BG, you can either use the bolus wizard, or the sensor option. It's
not hard to figure out.

 > So the calibration is determined by removing/replacing the transmitter? If
you
 > have to disconnect for whatever reason, even for a very short time, it will
make
> you wait two hours to calibrate again before sending any info to the pump?

 That is correct. Whenever you plug the transmitter in, it will wait 2 hours to
ask for a calibration. Earlier today, someone asked the same question, and Felix
replied. I don't know how that guy knows so much stuff.

Good luck!  Let us know when you get more bionic.

Tom

--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07