Re: [IP] Re: CGMS training

--- On Thu, 6/12/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> >If I insert a sensor at 7:00am,
> > it's going to want a reading at 9:00am or so,
> right?
>
>  That is absolutely correct. So, if you have breakfast at
> 7:00 , your BG should
> have stabilized by 9:00, and it's not time yet for
> lunch, so this is a good time
> to do it. I just get lazy on Sundays.

 I know my BG *usually* continues to drop after 2 hours, although not as much as
during those first 2. It sometimes goes up depending on, well, often absolutely
nothing. Sometimes I have too much protein woth breakfast and I'll be great at
hour two and then start to go up. Some people have problems with carbs in the
morning but my body can't do high protein for breakfast. So, is it still okay to
calibrate two hours after eating? I know they say to do it when your BG is
relatively stable but seriously, I rarely have BGs that stay flat for any length
of time. Does it demand the first calibration at exactly two hours, or can you
push it a little longer just to make sure your BG fall or rise is slowing down?

>  I dunno. I read it someplace, but I can't remember
> where. What is most
> important is that if you try to leave the sensor in for
> more than 7 days, you
> will need to re-charge the battery. After it is recharged,
> you will have to wait
> two hours to calibrate again. Logical reason for this, I
> just can't remember
> what it is.

 So the calibration is determined by removing/replacing the transmitter? If you
have to disconnect for whatever reason, even for a very short time, it will make
you wait two hours to calibrate again before sending any info to the pump?

 I think that after doing some more reading, I'll be a lot more confident by the
time my training finally happens.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987