From: S. Falconer <email @ redacted>
To: IP <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:51:22 PM
Subject: [IP] coffee

In my experience, as long as I bolus for the sugar (yes, sugar) and a tad more
 on square wave for the cream, coffee doesn't raise me up any more than any
other
food. I w/couldn't give up coffee just cuz it made my blood sugar go up...hell,
I'd have to give up ice cream and pineapple and tortillas and hummus and god
forbid, milk!!!&nbsp; about the only thing i have found that doesn't have some
effect on my blood sugar is plain old peanuts!&nbsp;&nbsp; when i am high and
need something to keep my mouth busy, a handful of peanuts helps....they won't
affect my bg for a long time and give the insulin on board a chance to bring me
down...