[IP] coffee

 it is a well known fact that plain old  black coffee will raise some (not
all) diabetic's blood sugar! I always attributed it to the caffeine, which kinda
makes the body buzz, and kicks in all those adrenal systems that pump out sugar
like cortisol and adrenaline.... It makes me laugh when i see it listed as a
"free" food, next to ketchup and mustard!  Caffeine is just like stress on
your system, and if stress doesn't wig your bg out, then coffee probably doesn't
either

 In my experience, as long as I bolus for the sugar (yes, sugar) and a tad more
on square wave for the cream, coffee doesn't raise me up any more than any other
food. I w/couldn't give up coffee just cuz it made my blood sugar go up...hell,
I'd have to give up ice cream and pineapple and tortillas and hummus and god
forbid, milk!!!  about the only thing i have found that doesn't have some
effect on my blood sugar is plain old peanuts!   when i am high and
need something to keep my mouth busy, a handful of peanuts helps....they won't
affect my bg for a long time and give the insulin on board a chance to bring me
down....

SSP