Re: [IP] Constipation issues

Hi Steve,

You may wish to research about taking the Calcium and the Magnesium at
the same time. From what I remember Calcium and Magnesium are absorbed
in the same area of the digestive tract. The two together may compete
for uptake. I wouldn't want to see you taking them together for years
only to find out you are not absorbing the maximum amount of the Calcium
that you could have. In other words the Magnesium might stop any Calcium
caused constipation due to more Magnesium being absorbed than Calcium.

Vitamin C is good to take with Calcium. The larger doses of Vitamin C do
have a laxative effect. If you don't take any Vitamin C now you may find
that a Gram of Ester C along with your calcium may alleviate the
constipation issues. I have issues with constipation due to
Gastroparesis. I don't have any Calcium problems so I don't take it. I
do take 1500mg of Magnesium and 1 Gram of Ester C daily.

I don't know your physical abilities, but have you asked your doctor
about weight lifting to build bone density (If you can lift weights)?
I'm not talking becoming Mr. Universe, but just enough weights to cause
the micro fractures of bone that fill in with new bone. The muscles
build from lifting weights because of micro tears in the muscles that
fill in with new muscle. The bones, under stress of the weight, will
develop these microscopic fracturing in their makeup that fill in with
new bone to give you more density.

Cody