RE: [IP] Constipation issues

When you take Calcium, you need to take half as much Magnesium.
In addition, I have found 500-3000 vitamin C helps in this dept. too.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:40 AM
To: InsulinPumpers
Subject: [IP] Constipation issues

Anyone have a suggestions for what I might use for a calcium supplement
that
doesn't cause constipation.  I had a bone density screening done
recently
and it showed signs of a calcium deficiency.  I tried taking Caltrate
600D
1200mg per day and ended up fighting constipation.  I then switched to
calcium citrate which is not supposed to cause constipation and again
encountered problems.  What other supplements could be used?  Any
suggestions from fellow pumpers experienced in this area would be
greatly
appreciated.  Steve