Re: [IP] Re: CGMS training

From: Elizabeth Blake <email @ redacted>

> > You cannot calibrate within 2 hours after insertion (and
> > turning the sensor
> > option on). >

> How do you work that around eating?

 OK, here we go. What I do is wait til after breakfast (on Sunday, when I'm not
jammed), and start the sensor. By then, it's usually about 10:00 am. After 2
hours, it's getting close to lunch, so it'll be time to calibrate, and I take it
from there. Try to not eat for at least 15-20 minutes after any calibration.
BTW, what I forgot to mention was that 6 hrs. after the first calibration, it
will call for another.

>If I insert a sensor at 7:00am,
> it's going to want a reading at 9:00am or so, right?

 That is absolutely correct. So, if you have breakfast at 7:00 , your BG should
have stabilized by 9:00, and it's not time yet for lunch, so this is a good time
to do it. I just get lazy on Sundays.

> I read that they no longer need to be refrigerated but since I still haven't
> been trained and it's been so hot, I did put the box in the fridge.

 I just figured it's safer to keep them refrigerated. They're gonna expire
anyway, so I'm not sure what to do with them..

> Okay, so why doesn't it make you wait two hours to calibrate if you trick it
> into thinking a new sensor has been inserted?

 I dunno. I read it someplace, but I can't remember where. What is most
important is that if you try to leave the sensor in for more than 7 days, you
will need to re-charge the battery. After it is recharged, you will have to wait
two hours to calibrate again. Logical reason for this, I just can't remember
what it is.

 Keep the questions coming. I think others may find them informative. I'm
actually reasonaby certain of my replies.

Tom
--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07