Re: [IP] AN excellent piece to read~

--- On Wed, 6/11/08, Cynthia VanDenBerge <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I am very precocious and typically would skip training, but
> with CGMS I
> would go for the trainning.  Much of it was not great
> training, but some
> things are not intuitive and might take a while to figure
> out...such as the
> time you wait to actually get readings from your
> system...you can start
> worrying where and the heck are my BG numbers?  Other
> things like tricking
> the transmitter to allowing you to use your sensor for more
> than 3
> days...all of that kind of stuff.  Cynthia

 I have an appointment with my CDE on the 23rd. If I haven't been able to set up
anything with Minimed by then I'll ask if she can do it. It does seem a little
confusing at first because I know you have to wait a certain time after
inserting it to calibrate it and then you have to do it again with X hours. I
don't really know how my insurance will cover the sensors. I'm told they do
cover the ongoing supplies. I got 1 box of 10 sensors with my shipment, but I
got the usual 3 months of sets/reservoirs. I'm not sure if I'll get the sensors
1 month at a time or if future shipments will be for 3 months. Even with
insurance coverage I'd feel better about using them longer if it's still working
past the 3 days.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987