Re: [IP] sensor training

--- On Wed, 6/11/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi Liz,
>
>  I suspect you are one of the few people who could pull it
> off. I would make
> another effort to get hold of the MM rep - I felt fortunate
> that I was able to
> get my training the same week I got my CGMS. I spent more
> time with that trainer
> than when I first got my pump. She was really helpful.

 I called Minimed today and spoke with the same guy as last week. He said that
the nurse who handles my area was out last week and is probably backed up but
that I am supposed to get a call within 10 days. He said to call back if I
haven't heard from him (the nurse) by Monday.

>  The size of the sensor needles is a little intimidating,
> and using the inserter
> is a little tricky. If you do try it on your own, just
> remember to use a greater
> angle than the manual suggests. I think everything else -
> the little tricks they
> don't document - you can learn off the web. I'm
> sure you've done a lot of
> reading about it. Pay particular attention to the posts
> from the Greek guy -
> Nikos, I think his name is.

 I looked at the inserter and it looks likes a Sil-Serter Junior. I didn't like
the Sil-Serter much - it's scarier than the sets! I am a little worried about
the needle, though. I'll go back through the archives and read some of the posts
about which, which I had ignored all along.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987