Re: [IP] AN excellent piece to read~

From: Elizabeth Blake <email @ redacted>

 > I've had my CGMS kit now for a week and nobody from Minimed has called me
about
> training yet. I'm getting impatient and was thinking of trying it on my own.
> Anybody start using the CGMS with their x22 pump on their own?

Hi Liz,

 I suspect you are one of the few people who could pull it off. I would make
another effort to get hold of the MM rep - I felt fortunate that I was able to
get my training the same week I got my CGMS. I spent more time with that trainer
than when I first got my pump. She was really helpful.

 The size of the sensor needles is a little intimidating, and using the inserter
is a little tricky. If you do try it on your own, just remember to use a greater
angle than the manual suggests. I think everything else - the little tricks they
don't document - you can learn off the web. I'm sure you've done a lot of
reading about it. Pay particular attention to the posts from the Greek guy -
Nikos, I think his name is.

Good luck either way!  I'll bet you love it as much as I do.

Tom
--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07