Re: [IP] Hot Weather Questions...

--- On Wed, 6/11/08, Marshall <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  It's hot on the East Coast (US) and I'm wondering
> if exercising in the hot
> weather can affect the insulin in my pump reservoir. What,
> if any, affect does
> heat have on diabetes control?

 I have a 300 unit reservoir and only change it when it's empty, no matter what
the weather is. I have never had a problem during the summer months, but I do
test frequently (all the time, not just summer) so I'd notice if my numbers
started going crazy.

 I'm using less than 25 units a day of Humalog, so the reservoir lasts a long
time.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987