[Fwd: Lazy Teens WAS Re: [IP] IV Prep]

Trying again as didn't go through the first time.

-----
I can't help you with the IV prep or laziness, but at least I can
commiserate with the lazy teen!

My son is 16, doing nothing all summer as well, and as soon as I walk in
the door in the evening two things come out of his mouth, "I'm bored"
and "I'm hungry."

My son doesn't change his own sites yet - needle phobia. His endo says
he's at an age (teenagers) where he sees the most rebellion against the
disease, so to just let him do what he can and help him with the rest. I
don't disagree. The way I see it, he is going to have to change his site
himself the rest of his life! He does the rest of his D management
himself, so I can't complain.

I am trying to encourage him to volunteer or something. He can't get a
job as he is home 6 weeks, then goes to grandparents for 4 weeks, then
starts back to school. He does go out with friends sometimes, but not
always.

I think about the things that I did at his age and am glad he just stays
home and is bored!! LOL!

--
Allison
Mom to Tarek, 16 y.o., dx Type 1 11/98, Animas 2020, Novolog, FreeStyle Lite