Re: [IP] IV Prep

>  I just found out my 15 yr old son has not been using IV Prep when
>  doing a site
> change. I can't seem to get him to understand the importance of trying
> to avoid infection. Does anyone by chance have any photos of what an
> infection from a site could look like so I could maybe "scare" him
> into using the preps??
>
>  Jamie, mom to Zachary(15) dx at age 12, Cleo (12) dx at age 8,
>  Jamison(9) and
> Addalyn(3).

Repeated site infections are usually do to the pump user (or helper)
being a staph carrier. If he is not getting infections, ordinary
bathing, etc.... is usually more than adequate. It is hard enough for
teens to deal with diabetes and pumping, don't push more difficult
requirements with little if any benefit. There are bigger fish to fry
with kids this age.

Michael (dad to 5 college age kids).

Michael