[IP] Re: Insulin Question:How many units???

I use a Cozmo pump with a 300 unit reservoir.  I also use  Novolog.  I have
figured it out so I can get about 304 units in my  reservoir after I prime.  I
don't know exactly how much is left in the  bottle, I just draw up what ever
is left into the next reservoir & top it  with some out of a new bottle.  The
 way I get more into the reservoir is by over filling the reservoir & then hook
up the tubing & use the plunger  for the reservoir to fill the tubing.  I
then load it into the pump.   Prime with one unit of insulin to make sure the
 tubing it all the way full. Hook up & away I go. I would say that at least 90%
of the  time I end up with more than 300 units in the pump.
***
Cheryl W.
Jazz OTSD CGC - Belgian Tervuren
& the Chihuahua  Gang
Russellville, Alabama
Type 1 since 4/1969 - Cozmo insulin pump  with Novolog since 7/2005 - current
A1C  6.0

In a  message dated 6/9/2008 11:58:38 A.M. Central Daylight Time,