[IP] College Freshmen Housing Question

My 18 year old son will be heading to college in August.  My son's doctor
suggested that we certainly apply for special housing to ensure that his
dorm room has air conditioning facilities.  The doctor filled out a
multi-page form describing the disability and reasons why air-conditioning
is required. My son's blood sugar seems to be affected by the heat and he
tends to go low when he over-heats.

Today, we received notification from his college (located in Philadelphia)
that the request was denied.

I was just wondering if there are other parents/college students who have
requested special housing and how this might have worked at other colleges.
I am not sure what my next steps are, but I will certainly be contacting the
university.

My thanks in advance for your support and advice.

Best regards,

Joanne

(Mom to Brian - diagnosed 4/2004, pumping Animas 2020)