RE: [IP] pump site issues

> >Two things. When you bathe, make sure that you don't use a soap that
> >contains skin softners. Only use a hard bath bar. Then, apply:
> >
> >Cavilon Cream made by 3M (1-800-2283957) product
> >number is 3392 Durable Barrier Cream.
> >         or
> >Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film  - 3M #3346
> >comes in a pump spray bottle
> >
> >This will prep the surface, protect you from the adhesive and make
> >the set stick better in one fell swoop.
> >
> >Michael
>

> Michael,
> One thing I am curious about is do you still have to use a skin prep
> like an alcohol wipe first before using this Cavilon?

No, Cavilon is a skin prep. It is used primarily by ostomy patients
to protect their skin from both adhesive and body fluids. I have no
first hand (or second hand ;-) experience but the reports from list
members both in the US and UK say it works very well compared to
other solutions like skin prep or mastisol. Mastisol may stick a bit
better but is harsh on the skin for those that are sensitive.

Michael