From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Candice/Andy
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 12:42 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] pump site issues

I have been pumping for seven years and until six months ago didn't use my
stomach or abdomen. I had to switch from the 9mm to 6mm quickset because I
didn't have much fat and was hitting muscle in my abdomen/stomach area. I
used my thighs and "flank," upper butt exclusively. I think getting "no
delivery" alarms may be because of the difficulty in positioning the
inserter so it sits correctly before pushing the button. It is a challenge
to put enough pressure against my body before insertion due to contorting
yourself around to the area. Also, if your daughter hesitates, she probably
isn't holding the inserter tight against her body which could cause a bent
canula or it not being in deep enough. I rarely have any problems with
sitting unless the site is too low on my butt. I have to be careful with
placement in relation to where the seams are on my jeans. My problem has
always been with pulling my pants up or down to use the toilet! I've pulled
my set off many times! I hope this is helpful to you. Candice