RE: [IP] Taking apart an OmniPod

Hi Kenneth,

 > As far as throwing away good electronics
 > I would think there isn't much more
 > total trash to deal with than a regular
 > pump's tubing, canula, etc.

I beg to differ. *Four* button cells per pod to begin with.
Lead-based solder to continue. Copper, silver, traces of other
metals -- all in the trash. But I do admit that the hair, at
least, is biodegradable. :-)

And while trash generally makes me unhappy, a standard infusion
set burns cleanly, leaving behind only the introducer needle,
which already is recycled steel.

(This excludes the Inset or whatsitsname -- some idiot had the
idea of packaging every set with its own disposable inserter.
Yuck!)

Cheers,
Felix.