[IP] Summertime

drink lots of fluids..I deal with the heat also down in  central florida
----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:26 AM
Subject: [IP] Summer Time

> I am a new pumper about to face my first hot south Georgia summer with a
> pump.
> Pumping is going great so far, but are there any warnings and tips the
> group
> could share about pumping in the summer months.
> Thanks,
> Harry Proudfoot

It is also important to wear a hat to keep the heat off your head (wear a
hat), wear light colored, loosely fitted clothing. Sunscreen is so
important! Find ways to keep your insulin cool such as a Frio wallet.
Humalog seems to have more problems with heat than Novalog. My novalog did
fine in my pump last summer when I traveled to Florida plus we were busy
most of the time. Sharon B and Roseanna Anna Dana my MM 522